LemonEdge API Documentation
The API documentation supports the following 3 LemonEdge dlls:
- Utils.dll This provides common helper functions throughout the platform.
This is the core API interfaces for the entire platform. This is broken into two main areas:
- Design: Provides all the functionality for designing your entities on the platform, and interacting with the system entities such as the transaction engine. This accelerates about 80% of typical development by the system automatically taking care of database upgrades, tables, functions, web service, etc.
- Context: Provides the ability to query, insert, update, and delete all entities in the system including any custom created ones. These contexts can be used to create custom algorithms which seamlessly work with LemonEdge and without requiring any extra work can run locally, or on a task service, or in canvases, etc.
Any UI code is automatically transformed by the platform to seamlessly work in our universal console application, windows app, web site version, and other applications. This again reduces around 80% of the typical development required around creating user interfaces for your data structures.
- UI: This provides all the common functionality for creating views, grids, commands and custom layouts in the LemonEdge platform. All of the above can be created using our Auto-Code Designers which allow you to design these solutions from within the application itself. If you get to a point where the designer is constraining what you need to achieve, you can export the design to actual c# code. You can then enhance the code to achieve 100% of your design goals and import the dll back into the platform as an AddIn. This greatly increases the users of the system who are capable of creating a solution using either our designers or any .Net code.
Areas of the API that are frequently used to create entities, algorithms and other interactions are as follows:
- IEntityRetriever: This interface is used to query all items in the LemonEdge platform using LINQ style functionality. These interfaces abstract away whether the connection is directly to the database or via a web service, using these APIs you do not need to care.
- IEntityUpdater: This interface is used to create, insert or delete any item in the LemonEdge platform. Permissions are always enforced when this functionality is used.